With the summer season getting into full swing and Mother’s Day just a few days away, here at Baskin-Robbins we are excited to introduce our first ever wine and ice cream pairings. There is no better way to celebrate mom than with two of her favorite things - wine and ice cream!
This past weekend, in collaboration with Rosenthal Estate Wines, members of the Baskin-Robbins Culinary Team created unique wine and ice cream pairings featuring popular types of wine with delicious Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavors (including some of our seasonal favorites for summer). Each pairing denotes the distinct flavors of each wine and ice cream flavor to create a new way to experience Baskin-Robbins ice cream with friends and family.
Without further ado, we invite you (and Moms especially) to treat yourself and celebrate life’s special moments with these delicious ice cream and wine pairings:
- Pinot Grigio or Grenache Blanc with Vanilla: A refreshingly indulgent combination, the buttery vanilla flavor of the ice cream brings out the crisp, green fruit notes in the wine.
- Riesling or Gruner Veltliner with Pralines ‘n Cream: The praline pecan and caramel flavors in the ice cream pair well with the apple notes of the wine. The ice cream also helps to round out the fresh green notes of the wine.
- Rosé with Rainbow Sherbet: The citrus and berry flavors in the sherbet bring out the floral, fruity notes in the wine.
- Pinot Noir with World Class Chocolate: A world class ice cream with a world class wine. The silkiness of the ice cream complements the vanilla and fruit notes of the wine and rounds out the mouthfeel.
- Chardonnay with Old Fashioned Butter Pecan: The sweetness of the ice cream complements the honey, buttery and oaky notes inherent in the wine.
- Cabernet Sauvignon with Jamoca® Almond Fudge: The robust flavors of the cabernet pair bring out the nutty, coffee notes of the ice cream.
- Sauvignon Blanc or Albariño with Raspberry Sorbet: The fresh raspberry flavor of the sorbet brings out the crisp accents and refreshing quality of the wine.
- Merlot with Chocolate: A classic, indulgent flavor pairing. Chocolate rounds out the mouthfeel of the merlot, and the pairing is reminiscent of a chocolate-dipped red berry.
The coolest part about these pairings is that each ice cream flavor featured in the wine and ice cream pairings can also be enjoyed as the featured flavor in Baskin-Robbins’ new Floral Stripe Cake, which was designed specifically for Mother’s Day this year. Check out the below video from Chef Sara Cox for more details on this exquisite cake!
The Floral Stripe Cake is available for pre-order both in-store and online at www.baskinrobbins.com/onlineordering.
While these pairings aren’t available in our restaurants, you can pick up a quart or pint of Baskin-Robbins ice cream at your local shop and then bring them to your Mother’s Day celebration or summer BBQ to run through a fun and flavorful ice cream and wine tasting of your own!
To stay up to date on all things Baskin-Robbins, sign up for our email news alerts at news.baskinrobbins.com/alerts.