As the summer winds down and the kids head back to school, there's no better way to send the season out in style than by connecting with friends and family, and toasting the end of this summer this Labor Day weekend. The question is, what are you going to whip up for summer’s last hurrah?
You may feel your recipe inspiration melting away, but here at Baskin-Robbins, our very own Chef Kelly has created a simple, trendy, and delicious ice cream bread recipe that is perfect for spicing up any Labor Day occasion. This recipe includes our Flavor of the Month, Chocolate Del Fuego, which is a rich chocolate ice cream with hints of cinnamon and chili, churned with liquid chocolate chips and a spicy tres leches swirl. Keep reading for all the details on a treat that is sure to be loved this weekend and beyond.
Chocolate Del Fuego Ice Cream Bread
- 2 cups of Baskin-Robbins Chocolate Del Fuego ice cream, softened
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
- If you do not have self-rising flour- for every 1 cup of regular flour add 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a small bowl, combine softened Chocolate Del Fuego ice cream, flour and sugar.
- Transfer to a loaf pan of your choosing.
- Coat loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy with an additional scoop of Chocolate Del Fuego ice cream, or your favorite Baskin-Robbins flavor! Top with whipped cream and blackberries for an added burst of flavor.
To stay up to date on all things Baskin-Robbins, sign up for our email news alerts at news.baskinrobbins.com/alerts.