Baskin-Robbins also celebrates Dads with delicious lineup of ice cream cakes and seasonal ice cream treats
CANTON, Mass. (June 1, 2017) — Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of specialty ice cream shops, recently conducted a survey* that reveals just how much dads use ice cream as a parenting technique compared to moms. The study also shows the role ice cream plays in bringing families together.
In time for Father’s Day, the survey unveiled many unique findings around dads and ice cream, including:
- Dads use ice cream to incentivize – Dads are almost 75 percent more likely than moms to use ice cream to bribe their kids to do something they don’t want to do, such as a chore
- Ice cream is a peacemaker – Dads (77 percent) are more than twice as likely as moms (30 percent) to use ice cream to resolve a conflict or argument
- More than half of dads (51 percent) have used ice cream to resolve an argument with their spouse
- Ice cream as a pick-me-up – Nine out of 10 dads give their children ice cream when they are feeling sad or disappointed to help cheer them up
- I Scream, You Scream – Almost all parents (96 percent) agree that ice cream is a great treat to enjoy with their family and friends
- Sneaking a Pint – One in five dads prefer to eat ice cream when their spouse is not around, and almost one-quarter of dads want to have some alone time this Father’s Day
“We love to see just how much ice cream plays a role in dads’ and their children’s lives, and in bringing families together,” said Carol Austin, Vice President of Marketing for Baskin-Robbins. “That’s why we’re so excited to have a special lineup of ice cream treats that will help our guests celebrate Dad all-month long. We know dads and their families will enjoy our new June Flavor of the Month, Made with TWIX® Bars, and we’re excited to offer our Cold One Cake, which celebrates dad in a fun and frosty way.”
Baskin-Robbins is kicking off the summer season with a lineup of frozen desserts that will keep guests cool throughout the hot summer days. Starting today, guests can enjoy the new June Flavor of the Month, Made with TWIX® Bars, which features caramel and chocolate malt ice cream, TWIX® bar cookie pieces, chocolate flakes and a caramel ribbon. This classic candy bar flavor can be enjoyed by the scoop in a cup or cone.
Also launching today is the new Praline Pecan Cookie, which is inspired by Baskin-Robbins’ signature Pralines ‘n Cream flavor and combines all of the same flavor elements in a delicious cookie. The Praline Pecan Cookie can be combined with any ice cream flavor as a Warm Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich or a Warm Cookie Sundae.
This month, Baskin-Robbins is also offering a variety of ice cream cakes to help celebrate seasonal occasions, including Father’s Day and Graduation Day. The following cakes can be customized to feature Dad’s or your special grad’s favorite ice cream and cake flavor combination, and can be ordered in-store or online:
- New! OREO® Cookie Ganache Cake: An elegant and decadent cake featuring an OREO®-infused chocolate frosting, topped with a mouthwatering ganache, and alternating goodness of OREO® cookies, frosting rosettes and chocolate triangles
- The Cold One Cake: This returning favorite, shaped like a mug, says cheers to Dad in a flavorful and frosty way that will help him kick back, relax and celebrate his day
- Cap & Diploma Cake: A classic graduation design, this cake features a mortarboard cap and diploma, rose buds, a chocolate drizzle, a fudge border and can be customized with a grad’s school colors
For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ wide variety of premium ice cream flavors and frozen desserts, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins), Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins) or Instagram (www.instagram.com/BaskinRobbins).
®/™ TWIX is a registered trademark of Mars, Inc. ©Mars, Incorporated. Used under license by Baskin-Robbins.
OREO is a registered trademark of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
*Survey Methodology: This online survey was conducted on April 20, 2017 through April 27, 2017 among a representative sample of 1,000 parents of children between the ages of 2 and 12 years old by Toluna, an independent research provider, under the guidance of RF|Binder’s research team. The results are nationally representative according to the U.S. Census Bureau statistics to accurately reflect the gender, age and region of the U.S. general population.
Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, providing guests with a wide array of ice cream flavors and delicious treats at more than 7,800 retail shops in more than 50 countries around the world. The brand was founded by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion for ice cream led to the creation of many iconic ice cream flavors including Pralines ‘n Cream, Jamoca® Almond Fudge and Very Berry Strawberry. Today, Baskin-Robbins has more than 1,300 ice creams in its flavor library, and also offers custom ice cream cakes, frozen beverages and the Polar Pizza™ Ice Cream Treat. Its franchised ice cream shops serve as places where people can connect and create special memories while they explore a wide array of flavors, including a new Flavor of the Month every month. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.