Baskin-Robbins also Introduces Lineup of Pumpkin and Halloween-Themed Frozen Treats, including the Return of Trick OREO® Treat Ice Cream
CANTON, Mass. (October 1, 2013) – Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, today announced the launch of ice cream Whoopie Pies, an innovative twist on the classic All-American dessert, at participating locations nationwide for a limited time only. These customizable treats feature a delectable combination of chocolate cake with a guest’s favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream flavor sandwiched in between, creating a fun-to-eat and delicious frozen treat. Guests can also purchase Whoopie Pie cake pieces as a take-home item along with a pint or quart of their favorite Baskin-Robbins ice cream, so they can build their own Whoopie Pies at home with friends and family.
Through October, guests can customize their Whoopie Pies with Baskin-Robbins’ October Flavor of the Month, Trick OREO® Treat, which features vanilla ice cream with orange crème-filled OREO® cookie pieces, Baby Ruth® and Butterfinger® candy pieces, making it the perfect addition to any Halloween-themed celebration! The seasonal Flavor of the Month is also available in a milkshake, by the scoop – in a cup or cone – and fresh-packed pints and quarts.*
This month, Baskin-Robbins is also inviting guests to celebrate fall with a lineup of festive, pumpkin and Halloween-inspired treats, including:
- Pumpkin Patch Cake: New this year, this is one jack-o-lantern you will not want to leave on your doorstep. This creative dessert, decorated as a smiling pumpkin, will trick your guests and make a fun sweet treat at the same time with a guest’s choice of ice cream and cake flavors.
- Haunted House Cake: Spook guests with a sweet treat! This tasty ice cream cake becomes a haunted house with candy corns, spiders and ghosts, creating a delicious Halloween for all.
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream: A cool way to enjoy the taste of fall! Rich and creamy, this pumpkin ice cream is sure to satisfy pie-lovers everywhere.
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake: This frosty combination of rich and creamy Pumpkin Pie ice cream blended with milk creates a delicious fall treat.
- Pumpkin Pie Cappuccino Blast®: Pumpkin Pie ice cream is blended with real coffee, milk and ice and topped with whipped cream and cinnamon to satisfy your pumpkin and coffee cravings.
“We’re so excited to offer guests a fun twist on a classic All-American dessert with our new ice
cream Whoopie Pies,” said Stan Frankenthaler, Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation at Dunkin’ Brands. “Our Whoopie Pies are completely customizable with a guest’s favorite ice cream flavor, including our seasonal Trick OREO® Treat and Pumpkin Pie. They’re sure to make any fall celebration even more delicious, along with our festive Halloween cakes.”
In addition to festive pumpkin and Halloween-themed treats, every Wednesday through the end of the year, guests who purchase a “Build Your Own” Two-Scoop Sundae will receive another Two-Scoop Sundae of equal or lesser value for free.** Baskin-Robbins’ classic Two-Scoop Sundae includes two scoops of a guest’s favorite ice cream topped with caramel, hot fudge or strawberry topping and is finished with a dollop of whipped cream, nuts and a cherry. Baskin-Robbins locations in the New York metro area will feature the Buy One Get One Free Sundae offer every Tuesday instead, and locations in Washington, Oregon, Montana and most in Idaho will not be participating.
For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ range of ice cream flavors and frozen desserts, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins), Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/baskinrobbins31).
OREO is a registered trademark of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
*In California, Baskin-Robbins offers fresh-packed ice cream in two sizes: small (12 oz) and regular (1 lb., 8 oz).
**For a limited time, at participating shops only. Offer not valid on three-scoop sundaes, Banana Splits, Brownie Sundaes, Banana Royales, Soft Serve Parfaits and Kid’s Sundaes.