Guests are invited to add even more flavor to their summer fun and upgrade a Baskin-Robbins
double scoop to a Waffle Cone for free
CANTON, Mass. (July 1, 2013) – With today marking the start of National Ice Cream Month, Baskin-Robbins, the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, is treating guests to a special Waffle Cone offer and lineup of OREO®-inspired menu items. Beginning today and continuing through the end of August, Baskin-Robbins is offering guests a free freshly-baked waffle cone upgrade with the purchase of a double scoop of Baskin-Robbins ice cream. To help beat the summer heat, Baskin-Robbins is also introducing its July Flavor of the Month, OREO® ‘N Chocolate, made with chocolate ice cream and OREO® cookie pieces swirled with a crispy fudge crackle ribbon.
In addition to the July Flavor of the Month, Baskin-Robbins is offering an array of OREO®-inspired frozen treats. Each menu item features the classic black and white cookie with a fun, frozen twist. The lineup includes:
- OREO® ‘N Chocolate 31° Below® – Smooth and creamy vanilla soft serve swirled with chopped OREO® cookie pieces and hot fudge.
- OREO® Ice Cream Cake Bite – A bite-sized bliss of OREO® Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream and chocolate cake wrapped up in a mouth-watering chocolate-flavored coating.
- OREO® Cookie Cake— OREO® cookies circle the top of this delicious cake drizzled in dark chocolate and lined with a fudge border.
“Our crunchy, freshly-baked waffle cones are perfect to pair with our OREO® ‘N Chocolate Flavor of the Month, so we’re excited to offer our guests a free waffle cone upgrade with the purchase of a double scoop during these hot summer months,” said Dan Wheeler, Vice President of U.S. Brand and Field Marketing for Baskin-Robbins. “There’s no better way to celebrate National Ice Cream Month and stay cool than with our wide range of innovative and refreshing frozen treats, including our July lineup inspired by one of the world’s most iconic cookies.”
Also available at participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide, guests can “mix” and “match” their Baskin-Robbins milkshakes by choosing from Baskin-Robbins’ extensive flavor selection and combining different flavors to create a delicious and refreshing milkshake treat, perfect for any summer day. Baskin-Robbins has created a special lineup of OREO®-inspired mixed milkshakes which includes:
- Cookie Dough and OREO® Cookies Milkshake—Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream combined with the decadent July Flavor of the Month, OREO® ‘N Chocolate.
- Mint Chip and OREO® Cookies Milkshake—Features the cool hint of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream mixed with OREO® Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream.
- Jamoca® Almond Fudge and OREO® Cookies Milkshake— Combines one of Baskin-Robbins’ classic flavors, Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream, with OREO® Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream.
All of these OREO®-inspired menu items will be available at participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide throughout the month of July. Also available in fresh-packed pints and quarts, ice cream lovers can bring home the July Flavor of the Month, OREO® ‘N Chocolate, to enjoy with family and friends or to create their own specialty ice cream desserts.*
For more information about Baskin-Robbins’ free Waffle Cone offer and lineup of OREO®-inspired frozen treats, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins) or on Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins).
OREO is a registered trademark of Mondelēz International group, used under license.
*In California, Baskin-Robbins offers fresh-packed ice cream in two sizes: small (12 oz) and regular (1 lb., 8 oz).